View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 09:57 PM   #3
jdarwin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21728
Hi jcurtis934. NM is gorgeous and a great place to retire. Having FT for 10 years, it sounds like you’re ready to settle down. I hope you find NM fulfilling.

We’d hoped to be doing this for another 3 to 5 years. The DW fell in May and broke her bad arm. It happened a week before we were to leave for 2 months in Salt Lake City and Yellowstone. We were then headed East to NC to see the grandkids.

The DW has brittle bone disease. The doctors really questioned the wisdom of traveling and camping in remote areas considering her condition. We finally had to face the inevitable and stop. I just put the rig up for sale with a consignment Co. I sold some of the accessories, gave most to a friend and have a few items left to sell.

The DW is handling this change much better than I am. I’m realizing this abrupt change has me depressed. I’ve always been able to plan for changes and look forward to the new path. Because this was so sudden I am really struggling with it all. We had planned to be in Goshen this week. In fact we were supposed to camp at the fairgrounds in Springfield IL tonight and make Goshen tomorrow.

I was ready for our 2nd rally. I had planned to help with several seminar sessions. We were looking forward to seeing everyone. I was going to bring several items for the silent auction and couldn’t wait to go to the Amish dinner. When your lifestyle changes so quickly it’s hard to make the adjustment. Thanks for letting me vent.
Member #21728
2019 3931FB
2017 F350 6.7 Powerstroke SRW
B&W Companion Slider 20K
jdarwin is offline   Reply With Quote