Thread: 12v circuitry
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 04:23 AM   #5
Secondwind962
Established Member

M.O.C. #30103
Well, here’s the update....

Pull the inverter/panel box and checked all the connections. Everything looked good.
As it turns out , the 3820 has three interior light zones, fuses 1,2, and 3.
Zone one is the kitchen. It includes the overhead lighting, the dinette lighting, the sink lighting, both under cabinet lights, the 12v accessory outlet at the dinette tv, and the kitchen roof fan.
Zone two is the middle living area. Over head lights, interior cove lighting, entertainment center lighting, hall and bath lighting, slide out lighting, and both living area and bathroom exhaust fans.
Zone 3 is the rear bedroom lighting.

Now, on zone 1, the circuit goes in two directions behind the inverter. One pair of wires to the under cabinet by the stove and one pair to the light on the side out serving the buffet area. The 3 switches by the door is the end of the circuit which comes from the exhaust fan. The wire feed the exhaust fan comes from the 12v accessory in the ceiling by the refrigerator. The cable feeding that, I think, comes from the under cabinet light by the stove. My problem is that I’ve got fluctuations in the voltage at the 12v accessory , which is affecting everything downstream. It can go anywhere from 13 to 2 volts. If I can get 13 at the light switch, it goes to 8 as soon as I put any load on it. The intensity of the under cabinet lights never change though. I guess my next step is to pull the light down by the stove and see if I can separate the circuit there.
Thoughts?
Secondwind962 is offline   Reply With Quote