Thread: Strange noises
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 10:55 AM   #10
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
When we first got our Montana fifth wheel, we had some popping sounds coming from the bed room area (ours is in the rear). It happened most when the wind was blowing. I searched all over that camper looking for the source, and then I finally decided after several frustrating night to go outside and seew what was going on. It took a while, but when the wind blew at just the right angle, bottom part of the bed room slide, (you know, that aluminum part that hangs down and isn't connected to anything? Its the spacer to fill the empty gap so the slide wall looks solid top to bottom from the outside?).... well, that panel would flop when the wind hit it just right.

I looked at the other slides and that same panel had reinforced metal strips spaced about 3 feet apart to hold the bottom of the "skirt" stiff. On the bed room slide there were no supports, thus allowing the sheet of aluminum to bang.

I made my own "straps" out of some stiff aluminum flat type rods and bent them so they would force pressure (like a spring) against the aluminum. It indeed stopped the banging.

So, what you are hearing could easily be something banging in the wind under your trailer.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote