View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 01:16 PM   #6
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
For anyone interested, please be aware!
I just got off the phone with Lippert, the frame manufacturer. They say that any addition such as the X-Factor Crossmember, or even the Morryde Independent Suspension, would void the frame warranty and that any repairs in the future would not be covered.
Needless to say, I was shocked. They also will not cover any frame issues if any parts are bolted on, welded on, or otherwise attached to the frame unless prior approval by Lippert. When I asked for suggestions in lieu of the Morryde IS, they said their best suspension upgrade would be Center Point Air Ride Equalizer and adding that would not void the warranty provided it was installed properly.
https://support.lci1.com/center-point. Now I'm not sure how I'll proceed, but being this is a new unit only 1 year old, I don't want to void any warranty or give Lippert or Keystone any reason not to repair something.
I live at the edge of a cul-de-sac so somewhat tight turns are necessary. I go as slow as I can and take the turn as wide as the road will allow, but with all the complaints about the spring hangers and suspension problems, I was concerned enough to want to beef up what it came with. I'm already getting the rig into the dealer for an alignment as the left rear tire is wearing heavily to the inside and the axles are about 3/4" further apart on the left side than the right. Also, there appears to be a toe problem causing the wear to the inside on just that one tire.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote