View Single Post
Old 11-21-2022, 06:48 AM   #20
Wisconsin Retiree
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28036
That is obviously a lot of snow which equals alot of weight. It is always best to remove the excess snow as soon as possible but only when it is safe to do so and in a safe manner. In Northern Wisconsin over time many cabins and trailers build up high levels of snow for sometimes days or a week before you have the ability to remove some of the weight. Removing that snow can be a challenge and a very dangerous task. Unfortunately, yes some structures fail and the roofs cave in. I have yet to see or hear of any RVs over my 58 years of living here where RV roofs collapsed but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened or other forms of damage haven't occurred. Not sure how much room you have around your unit to work but When possible and safe to do so I would use a roof rake with the long extension handle and attempt to carefully remove what you can to assist in lightening that roof load and hopefully it will all be fine. I would not recommend climbing up the ladder or attempting to stand on that roof for it would be very treacherous and quite the distance to fall.