Thread: All tanks leak
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 04:58 PM   #12
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Ron from up North-- I have been leaving my gray tank closed from the beginning when we started camping in our first Montana over 18 years ago. It will explode and I can guarantee you that! I've had two do it and there is nothing wrong with the venting of the tanks. I've checked them all and no problems. It was my fault on the first gray tank rupture because I let it get too full and the tank blew its top. This tank was a NEW tank but it came to the dealer with a thin spot on the curve of the upper lip and before they installed it they filled it to make sure there were no leaks. Well guess what, the tank got full and the thin spot blew out. The dealer sent it to a plastic welding shop and supposedly fixed it but it was not even full when it blew out this time. I didn't take the coroplast down but it did blow and I felt it while in the shower and the wife heard it all the way down in the living room. The company that made the two piece tanks for Keystone is not doing it anymore so they have to find someone to replace them and the company that is doing it is not doing a good job, period. The dealer got three identical tanks in and all three had that same thin spot or hole. It's to bad that we can't find someone to figure out how to mold a one piece tank for those of us that have the older model Montana's. If found, that company would make a fortune making replacement tanks for us.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote