View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 08:44 PM   #31
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnrc73 View Post
Just because the system is suppose to work that way, and it does, it doesn’t mean that’s the best way to manage your propane. After wintering in Texas the last two years I have learned that it’s better (for me anyway) to leave the second tank closed. When the first runs out it’s a matter of minutes to switch to the full tank, get the empty filled the next couple of days and you have a full backup again. The first year down here I ran out twice using the auto switchover. Both times in the middle of the night in sub freezing weather. Hasn’t happened since. Just my 2 cents.
It seems to me this process guarantees you run out of propane at the end of each tank. Then it is a trip outside at oh dark thirty in your BVDs and freezing temperature to turn on the second tank.

Leaving both tanks on and checking the status periodically, as you do the oil or gas tank levels in your truck, is a much more pleasant experience.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote