View Single Post
Old 07-09-2004, 09:47 AM   #14
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
Those people truly are wonderful! I can't say I'd be up on another RVer's roof trying to put their awning down in the pouring rain when they were gone and left it out. They went way above and beyond the call of duty.

You did get off easy and pretty cheaply I might add.

Patodonn, so sorry for your loss of the awning and cost, that really sucks.

We have had our awning out twice in 2 years.... I guess we don't have to worry. Mike hates to put it out and most of the time we are in shaded spots so I could care less.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

That's a really good question, Virgil, and I will be following this thread. Ours had four deflappers deployed but was not tied down with the aftermarket tiedowns. We now have those tiedowns and use them.

Our situation was in Virginia. Almost three weeks of no wind at all made us complacent when we left for the day. We were open to the North side, on a hill, and the awning was on the north. We left for the day. A sudden storm dumping close to 4 inches of rain and gusts to 60mph got ours. Two of our neighbors climbed the roof, got the awning back down and retracted it for us. The storm destroyed three of the arms (two outers and one inner and cracked/broke one of the mounts but did not pull the mounts from the Montana. So all I had to replace was the three arms. $61 and change in parts. We got off very cheaply. Thankfully we had great neighbors who got the awning retracted before more damage was caused, such as ripping the roofing material. These guys were up on the roof in the downpour. One of them I'm still in email contact with. Great people you find in rv parks.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote