View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 11:33 AM   #32
NixonFamilyRV
Established Member

M.O.C. #27316
2023 Season kickoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestation12 View Post
Does your new AC add on have a through wall exhaust vent installed to the outside?
I have the same question - really good to know this helped, but I have to think it needs to exhaust somehow. Perhaps there's a way to rig it up to the window in the bedroom, although my unit was built with the incorrect sized screen in that window. That's on my list for this season.

I'm hoping to take the first trip of the 2023 season in a couple of weeks. Toward the end of last season, I got caught in a situation where I had to cross a dip and dragged the tail pretty good. It's just a matter of time before the fresh water tank drain gets ripped off. The suspension lift has helped tremendously, but I still occasionally get put in situations where there's just no way to get the right angle on a driveway or dip.

I see this floorplan on the road and at campgrounds surprisingly frequently. I often see rollers welded to the tail. I guess that's probably what I'll eventually have to do. This season, I'm (again) eyeing the possibility of replacing my 3/4 ton with a 1-ton, probably dually. I think if I could lower the nose of the trailer just a bit more, I'll be a little happier.

I'm thankful for all the discussion in this thread. This unit poses some unique challenges, but when I shop for something different I never find anything I like anywhere near as much.

Here's to a happy and successful 2023 season!