View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 12:50 AM   #3
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

I have been thru 2 sets left and right and now run new legs, motors and gear boxes purchased from the manufacturer of the legs not Keystone. Keystone doesn’t use the motor that the leg manufacturer makes and it is of a different speed and the gear box is a different gear ratio.

I found this out when I purchased the 2 new legs and a second gear box and motor from the leg manufacturer to change to the 2 motor / gearbox arrangement. After installing the new legs and the second motor / gear box the new motor / gearbox extended the leg much slower. I purchased the second motor / gear box from the leg manufacturer and they now both run slower but work a lot better than the original system.

I cut the old legs open and found the large screw that runs down the inside of the legs to have striped the nut that it runs on. This is most likely because of the heat buildup created running the screws at a higher seed than the manufacture of the legs intended them to run.

After checking the battery and replacing the circuit breaker with a new 30 amp breaker if you still have a problem I would purchase a new motor from the leg manufacturer.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote