View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 07:22 PM   #1
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Progressive EMS saved the day again ... today!

Currently we are camped at an Indiana State Park. We've been here for over a week now. We were on one site for 5 nights and then scheduled a move to another site that has full hookups for another 7 nights. We're on the full hook up site now.

Earlier today, power went out on the camper. As it turned out my Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X (portable, not hard wired) tripped the power off to the camper with an E-6 error code. That code stands for "Line 2, low voltage, less than 104v).

The 50 amp breaker itself was extremely hot. The plug for the EMS was hot, and the EMS went into the error, and I couldn't clear it.

Well, it's HOT right now in Central Indiana and the camper started heating up immediately with no AC. So, I pulled out my 30 amp Hughes Autofoamer and plugged into the 30 amp outlet with the dog bone adapters and temporarily went back to power management in the Montana. Water heater was flipped over to gas, one AC was turned off, unplugged the coffee pot, stuff like that. One AC helped keep it tolerable cool, but not comfortable cool.

Meanwhile, I contacted park management about about 2 hours later someone came out and replaced the entire electric box, didn't even attempt to swap out breakers or anything, just swapped the whole kitten-kah-boot-el thing out. Got the camper powered back up again and no more issues the rest of the day.

Low volatage can be an RV destroyer. Progressive saved my caboose again!

IF you don't have an EMS.... get one! They may cost $300 or more, but many electronic components in your RV cost a lot, lot more than that! This is now several times that Progressive EMS has treated me right!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote