View Single Post
Old 05-22-2023, 08:06 AM   #19
jjinpa

M.O.C. #32767
Cool Dometic 310 leak SOLVED

I was having occasional leaks of clear water around the base of our Dometic 310 toilet. I wasn't seeing it happen every time and it would go days without a leak and then all of a sudden I'd find a "Disney Water Show On The Floor"! Close inspections around the base found nothing until this morning...
I woke up to find a small amount of clear water around the base so I decided have a 24 hour stake-out. I sat there and flushed repeatedly until I found the answer...
The jets are VERY close to the top of the bowl rim. At one point, one jet at the very front of the bowl shot water UP at an angle, causing a small amount of clear water to spill over onto the floor. a-HA! I cleaned the jet with a Q-tip cut in half. I think a small amount of FOD (Foreign Object Debris) or mineral deposit was deflecting the jet stream. I cleaned the other jets and saw no more "Disney Water Shows".
I consider the issue closed BUT I may look into a flow-reducer in the toilet-only water line as the pressure at our campsite is high (I don't want to add a regulator for the entire 5th wheel at this time).
jjinpa is offline   Reply With Quote