View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
It's 18 Degrees Outside and Dropping

I am a protective kind of guy. I love Miss Monty and want to make absolutely sure nothing bad happens. We have just started a week of temps below 30 degrees with an inch of ice on the ground. The lows through Friday are supposed to be mostly below 10 degrees. I bought a 100LB Propane tank and connector hose to hook up to Miss Monty then set the thermostate to 50 degrees so I could make absolutely sure she is protected from these cold temps. After hooking it up and turning up the heat my spouse said I was taking the protection of Miss Monty too far and wasting money.

I have winterized her and know everything should be ok...but with temps this low and an inch of ice on the ground I want to be absolutely sure I am protecting my investment.

My question is...have I went overboard with my protective nature of Miss Monty? I seem to be protecting her more than the stick house these days. I need some unbiased opinions and I know this is just th eplace to get them.

I am the bread winner of the family and make more than enough to care for Miss Monty this way so I am trying to understand what the problem is. I think it is time to start using selective hearing with the spouse.

Thanks gang!
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote