View Single Post
Old 01-16-2024, 08:29 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I'm not sure what the beeping would be, unless is your inverter warning you the battery is low. (I don't know if they do that or not).....

Meanwhile, the Onan P4500i's are not noted for starting up and running when they get extremely cold.

I have a much older generator (over 25 years old now), that runs louder than a lawn mower. Over the years, I learned, if I wanted it to start (rope pull) at all, it had to be kept in a warm place. So, over the winter months I made sure it was stored in the heated garage attached to the hosue and not in the unheated one away from the house. This way, it would start, get warmed up, and run perfectly fine then in extreme cold.

So, my 2 Onan's have never been in temperatures below 32 (F). When traveling, they are actually inside the camper. At home, they are actually in the house. They run fine in extreme cold. But if they are that cold to start, they just don't run good.

Footnote: I've been scolded by forum posters for keeping my 2 Onan's inside the living quarters of the camper. In 5 years now, we've never, ever had any gasoline smells (and I keep them filled to the top), never had any gas leaks, and I keep them plugged in with the battery charger that came with them. We've never, ever had an issue with them.

You might consider moving that Onan to a warmer spot to store it. (Just a suggestion here.)

Note:???
Question???
You say the "battery went dead". Are you talking about the battery on the Onan or your camper battery? If the Onan battery went dead, they do come with an alternative pull rope. Did you try that?
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote