View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 07:57 AM   #9
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
You really need to make sure you can winterize with the "pink stuff" and know how to do it, and make sure it works for your camper. Why?

Not so much for winterizing, but using the winterizaiton line is a great way to sanitize your water system. Simply pour some bleach into a bucket, add some water, and pump that through the winterization system, even into the fresh water tank. Easy-Peasy.

Another reason to use the winterization line is in the event your water heater ever goes out -- completely --- like ours did once in our previous travel trailer. How did we end up taking nice WARM showers? Simple.

I heated in a pan on the stove top till it came to a boil. I did a second pan until I had enough to fill a bucket. I brought it to boil because it would cool before the second batch was hot, when mixing the first batch of water with the second batch it was nice and WARM.

After heating the water on the stove top, pour in a bucket and use the winterization system to pump the WARM water through to your shower. (bypass the water heater), and in this case, it doesn't matter if you run the water through the hot or cold side, you'll only get the water from the bucket anyway. Now granted, this calls for a very, very quick "Navy" shower, to be sure. But it does provide a way to take a shower with nice warm water if your water heater goes out. And yes.... I actually did this once. Both my wife and I took a warm shower when both the electric and gas thermostat failed on the water heater.

So, here is a second reason to be sure you know how your winterization process works. 1) for sanatizing, 2) for emergency warm water

You may think of other scenarios where you'd use the winterization system to pump water too. It's used for more than just winterization.

Good luck!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote