Thread: Foul smell
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 09:04 PM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
First of all could you please post what year and model Montana you have. It is difficult to give help if we don't know what you have and how it is equipped. Hopefully, you are using plenty of water when you are flushing the toilet. If not, you could have built up the "dreaded pyramid" of waste and paper. If this is the case, you will need to get that broke down and rinse it out before the smell will go away. Don't go by your gauges showing the level of your tanks. They are notorious at being wrong. All it takes is a piece of waste or paper to settle on the probe and dry and it registers that level until it become dislodged. I have been using Happy Camper in all my tanks for the past 8+ years now and have had no problems with smell or solids not breaking down. During dumping I run my tank flush while dumping and also shut the valve and run the tank flush for about 7 minutes then pull the handle again and flush the tanks again. After dumping the black tank, I add a couple scoops of Happy Camper and about 5 gallons of water in the tank. Then dump the two gray tanks to rinse the hose out.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote