View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 08:42 PM   #17
Rockstar48
Established Member

M.O.C. #28290
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
I had the same problem as have others. I think you are either not getting a good seal where your intake hose connects to the winterize input or the water pump is having trouble pulling fluid through the check valve inside that connector; maybe both.

The check valve is not necessary, grab the center piece with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull that puppy out. Try putting two hose washers on your intake hose. Also, elevate your jug of antifreeze above the connector to make it easier for the pump.

The first photo shows the connector with the check valve in place, the second after I pulled the check valve out.
Thanks for your post. We had the same issue this year. It looks like you just used a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled the check valve out from the front? I believe you are right - that the check valve is not necessary. Have you ever seen anything about why they are installed by the mfr? Our unit is parked permanently at an RV park, and our only use for the water pump is for pulling in antifreeze. Thus… any “back flow” at the freezeguard port should be non-existent. Would you agree?