Thread: Solar Advise
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 11:28 AM   #13
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondockboomer View Post
You have some serious s*%# in your basement. Go big or go home. I am guessing a 1000 watt inverter and a 40 amp mppt will not hack the mission here for me.
My setup is more for a marathon than a sprint. While I'm quite sure it would run one AC I intentionally did not wire it that way as I wanted unrationed power to run everything else. It takes a lot of battery to run an AC unit for a significant amount of time.

My AC's, water heater, clothes dryer and obviously convertor run off nothing but shore power/portable generator. Virtually everything else runs through the solar system. I wired my transfer switch so when "normally closed" everything goes through the power inverter. When I connect to shore power the transfer switch engages and puts everything on shore power totally bypassing the power inverter. It's served us well like this. Unless we need AC or are doing laundry we never need to run the generator. It allows you to live like you're plugged in.... in some really beautiful spots. We've spent months off the cord only running the generator for laundry. Here is just a small sampling of our "off the grid" spots over the last year. All totally free.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0849.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	11090   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1495.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	461.2 KB
ID:	11091   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1842.jpg
Views:	27