Thread: Leaking shower
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 02:51 PM   #1
Montana_1577
Established Member

M.O.C. #1577
Leaking shower

We purchased a 2004 Montana Mountaineer 297RKS in May. While camping at Myrtle Beach last week, I was removing items from the basement while my brother was showering. I noticed water dripping from each top corner of the basement door. It specifically was dripping from an aluminum frame piece located against the outer wall. I calked around the bottom of the shower without any success. I performed a search on here and learned that I really shouldn't have done that. It seems that this gap is "lipped" to allow condensation which may form on the back side of the shower wall to drain. The dealer can't find the leak. At my suggestion, he had one of his biggest guys take a shower in it while they watched for leaking in the basement. I thought that weight in the shower could be stressing somthing. You and I both know that the leak will reappear on our next trip. That's the way it always goes. I reviewed many posts about this same problem but didn't really find anyone with a solution. The dealer has assured me that all fixtures are tight and not leaking. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
Montana_1577 is offline   Reply With Quote