View Single Post
Old 11-27-2022, 09:59 AM   #14
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
Don't know if mentioned elsewhere here, but ST tires have a speed limit of 60 or 65 mph. Otherwise, seems like you had plenty of tire - 3 axles at 6800 lb each.
I hate tires. So I googled the speed rating for the factory Rainier's. I have the same tire 10 months old with about 5000 mile on them. I figured to get at least a year out of them. My average speed is around 65 but I have exceeded it on occasion

My point is according to Google you get different answers
https://www.tredittire.com/tire/rainier-st/
  • ST tires are designed specifically for boat, car and utility trailers. They are built to carry heavy loads on non-powered axles and are rated for a maximum speed of 65mph. Their stiff sidewalls help prevent your boat/trailer towing package from swaying

• How fast can you go on ST tires?
    The rating ST, or special trailer tires, can handle 80 mph and beyond. These can withstand higher speeds while carrying heavy loads and, just like typical trailer tires, come with stiff sidewalls to reduce trailer sway.Sep 4, 2021
Just an example that just because you saw it on the internet it must be true....