View Single Post
Old 01-21-2024, 12:36 PM   #3
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
The 2019 models had a bad batch of circuit boards. One of our members proved it by putting it in the freezer for a few hours, then testing it. It would not run. I don't recall the exact symptoms it exhibited.
He then put a hair dryer blowing on the circuit board to warm it up and it started working normally.
We had the symptoms you are currently experiencing while in Yellowstone Fishing Bridge (elevation 7,800'), it was very cold and that propane tank was low. When its first turned on, it would short cycle and turn off. I had to pull the fuse to restart the furnace (same thing as pushing the reset button on the outside). After many short cycles, the on cycle got longer and longer until it ran normally.
I'm guessing it warmed up enough to run.
The local RV Tech (yes they actually had an RV Repair station there at Fishing Bridge Yellowstone) I spoke to said that morning he had three other RVs doing the exact same thing. He believed it was a combination of low propane, very low temperatures and high elevation.
After we left Yellowstone the furnace worked fine (lower elevation, warmer weather and full propane tanks).
Just last week we had the same thing happen here at home. Outside temperatures at 0⁰F. It has not been above freezing in two weeks. The furnace would short cycle. I put heaters in the basement to warm up the air down there. The furnace has worked fine since then.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote