View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 11:22 AM   #17
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Follow-up report:

I had the oil change done this morning. I do feel at ease. I suppose that is worth all it's weight in gold in the long run.

For what it's worth, I got the oil change and oil filter change. I had them top off all my fluids, including DEF. They checked all my filters, put the truck up on a lift and inspected everything on the underside, they checked my tires carefully for cracks and tread depty, aired them up to the max since I'm towing 14,000 pounds and those inside tires on the dualy are near impossible to do myself, inspected my fifth wheel hitch and torqued all the bolts including the rails and the frame that hold the rails on- on the underside side attached to the main frame. They inspected the muffler system carefully, and even checked the wiring at the 7 pin plug for cracks and wear that could cause shorts. In other words, they gave the truck a good look-over. Everything checked out great, except for topping off the fluids a little.

So all is good. Except for throwing in a change of clothes and our perishable foods, we're all ready to head South on December 26.

My beard has come in completely full, about 1/2 - 3/4 inch long now, getting myself ready so I can be properly period dressed and look the part for an 1821 Louisiana Plantation gentleman? Tour guides have to look SHARP you know!

My wife says, I'm having too much fun with all of this, and we haven't even left home yet!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote