View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 09:06 PM   #16
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
Yep that looks like it. FYI, I started a new thread with pictures of my setup (I just got my camper back and it was finally warm enough to go tinker with it). I took some pictures and have comments there.

One thing I haven't found traced all the way out yet is the black tank flush line. I want to see if like some people say, it has a anti siphon valve on it. That would seem like a total waste of plumbing but I know how government regulations are on such matters too.....
The only valve in the black tank flush is the one mounted above a level at least above the rim of the toilet. It is not truly a check valve, but is an vacuum/check valve. When I flush the tank, the vent valve is closed, and when done and I disconnect the hose, the valve opens and the water in the flush line on the tank side of the valve drains to the tank, and the water on the inlet side of the valve drains out of the flush port so there is very little water left in the line when you are done.

THIS IS THE MANUFACTURERS DESCRIPTION OF THE VALVE:

Installed between the water hose connection and the tank flusher itself, this item protects harmful bacteria and waste from entering the hose or water supply system. Meets IAPMO standards and is required for tank flush equipment on all OEM installations. ASSE 1001-02 requires that it be installed 6" or more above the highest point of any item connected to the waste tank that the flusher is installed in.
571-Vac-Chk-A - Vacuum Breaker - Check Valve

https://www.makariosrv.com/vacuum-br...571-vac-chk-a/
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote