View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 07:14 AM   #15
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Update on UHMW strips I installed 3 seasons ago.. Zero issues with the UHMW.. No screw has ever backed out of the UHMW. Hydraulic slide continues to operate perfectly and smoothly.

When the t8me comes for my other main hydraulic slide to need repairs to the Darco I will use the same process But I will lift the slide up and insert the UHMW strip about 3/4 to 1 inch under the wear bar..the front edge will still have a 37 degree bevel edge on it to provide a smooth transition across the flooring ..

Which in my case is half carpet and half linoleum.. regarding screw length I don’t see and issue with using a slightly longer screw to attach the UHMW with .. there is nothing above where the screws are installed that would be damaged .. IMO

I also would use the UHMW strips as a repair on a Schwintek slide and would again lift the slide and insert UHMW onto the rollers, lower the slide and secure the strip.

** Important to check the V rollers (both upper and lower on each side of the Schwintek slide after using UHMW (.125 thick) amd verify the rollers can be turned by finger pressure..

If they are too tight and can’t be turned then a minor adjustments on the rollers to attain proper vertical height so the V rollers turn via finger pressure would be in order

** v rollers must be able t9 be turned with fingers But not spin freely (Per Lippert Schwintek
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote