Thread: Spare Parts?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 04:01 PM   #16
Ttman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26744
Our camper is a 2002, I carry lots of spare parts, tool, air compressor, electric crimps, spare water heater element, screws, etc. I can’t carry everything but I try to have at least common problem parts, or best case scenario multi-use items that I could rig it to get by. By way of how I fill my holding tank I have a spare water pump. I carry one spare shackle and bolt set, etc. from when I upgraded to heavy duty shackles and wet bolts because one shackle had broken. I want to be as prepared for a temp/permanent fix that happens on a Saturday at 6:00pm after everything is closed, so our trip isn’t ruined, or maybe be able to help someone else. In particular, the plumbing fittings so I can repair or plug a water line and keep the rest of the camper operational. Your PEX-A is probably clear 1/2” pex and is not the same as the red and blue pex new campers have, so you can’t just go buy those at big box stores. I got my spare plumbing twist on T’s, 90’s, shut off, plugs, etc. from United RV out of TX.

You can’t carry everything, but you should have some things, whats right and wrong is all about what makes you feel like you have prepared as best you could without having to pull a second service trailer full of items.
Ttman is offline   Reply With Quote