View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #17
Chasw98

M.O.C. #23304
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemiallen View Post
Thanks Carl.

Yes, great idea. I'll see if my Generator will support a second charger like that.

I was hoping to locate a single, larger Amp unit, but this will work also and his video is where I planned to add the larger single unit.

It seems the price of a charger isn't a linear $ / A, it isn't much more on a 90A unit vs a 60A unit, hence my hope to find a single large charger and just eliminate the factory one with the long 4 gauge wire.

Thanks for the idea and video.

Looking back over my spreadsheet at the 2 hr mark my system got the bank to about 95% / 13.6v, maybe I should just accept that as ok to top out at until I get to shore power to top them off.

Thanks again for all of your help, my friends

Allen
Before you go out and spend a bunch of money on chargers... You might want to call a company named 'Iota'. They make a variety of various electronic devices and are mostly known for their chargers and power supplies. They are very friendly and I recommend that you call their engineering department and tell them what you want to achieve. I have 2 Iota DLS 55 amp chargers with Lithium firmware for my LiFEP04 batteries. I was told that when using multiple chargers you can run into a problem where the 1st charger affects the 2nd charger and neither charger is sure of the battery capacity or SOC. You can end up damaging things. Give them a call and speak to engineering before you spend. My 1400 watts of solar can charge my 400AH bank from 20% to 100% in 3 hours with good sun.
Chasw98 is offline   Reply With Quote