View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 11:06 AM   #5
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bandit

Have any of our MOC folks experienced a new residential fridge not making ice in the ice maker. I am concerned it's not even plumbed cause I can't find a 1/4 in water line going to the fridge. We've only had this unit 5 days and have left a message for the dealer to call us. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Gray,

Early shipping units came with Ice Maker water line plumbed. Later Keystone changed to additional charge. If you have the line plumbed, there will be two vales. There will also be a low point drain under the kitchen sink going out the under belly.

First look under the kitchen sink and look for blue water line going up to the sink and and another one going down with another value on it. That is the first value. The second value is behind the draw under the range (it may already be open). Normally the factory ships with the first value closed.

Under the front of the ice maker is a test switch, press and hold it until the unit starts to cycle. You will have to do it a few times to purge the air out.

When we get back home, I hook the city water to 40 psi air compressor and purge the water out of all the lines. For the ice maker, just keep pressing (and cycling) the ice marker until air comes out instead of water. This will be same procedure for winterizing.

Under the kitchen sink.

Value behind drawer under oven.

Left side of fridge.

Low point drain under belly.
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote