View Single Post
Old 04-01-2022, 10:30 AM   #1
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
2005 Montana 2955RL generator install

On our Montana 295RL I installed a Wen 5638i generator in the front luggage compartment floor. Being a boater of many years and Industrial Control Electrician I also installed 3 group 24 RV deep cycle batteries for a "house" bank" at the same time as the generator install. I started with 3/4" plywood for the floor of the compartment and bolted the generator to the floor and routed the exhaust thru the floor and outside with about 1' sticking down outside. Fueling is accomplished via a portable 5 gallon tank and a Deway Automatic Fuel Transfer Pump. I also installed carbon monoxide detectors in the bedroom and living room as well. Supply to the RV is via a switched receptacle in the luggage compartment (permits starting generator with no load) that is connected to the generator 30 receptacle and I plug my power cord for the RV into the switched receptacle. This way I have no need of a transfer switch. Question I have is am I missing anything that could be unsafe or needing improvment? Plan is to run the generator with the compartment door open.
Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote