View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 04:57 AM   #10
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
I've watched car racing since just past mid last century (which puts me in that ancient category). I even tried my hand at some dirt track racing when a stripped out and roll barred '37 Ford and a 59A-B flathead enfine was was all it took to have fun. If there are only 3 other folks in the grandstand, I'll watch.

Strictly my opinions! NASCAR started losing fans when they went to what I feel are spec cars with a different nose decal for some sort of brand identification. I'm also of the opinion that many oldsters can't identify with the 18-25 year old drivers regardless of the fact that most are great drivers, probably better then most of the ones of yesteryear. Then there is the cost of taking yourself and family with the average number of kids.

I'm looking forward to whenever the races resume, now sometime after mid- May and maybe without fans.

Now, to upset me, starting this morning, the NA$CAR website wont let me in until I shut off my ad blocker. I guess the Jayski site will have to do it for me now (https://www.jayski.com/)
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote