Thread: Solar Update
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 07:02 AM   #3
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Allen, we are very happy with the unit. The only reason that Southwire transfer switch is in there on ours is the EMS. Our very first trip we ran batteries to zero because transfer switch showed shore power but it hadn’t latched so charger wasn’t charging. At the time I was brand new and missed some clues. Fast forward to this week. With the Watchdog I saw I didn’t have power via Bluetooth app. Found the issue and corrected. We are running AC with a single 20 amp cord. Loving being able to track shore power and solar with iPhone. We went four days boondocking completely off grid and we achieved high 90% charge rate each day. We were hoping to avoid running the generator for days at a time, which we achieved. Fridge and water heater on gas but we used microwave, tv, fans, and furnace. Other than AC, we are able to live a normal RV life without power as long as we have sunshine.

None of these issues were unexpected. This is new RV technology and they have great people working on improving it. We are very happy with the results. The 755 is used for load shedding. If we have both AC’s running on 30 amp and the microwave pushes us over on draw, it has a set order to shed loads and restart. With the 756, it would shed AC but not restart it. Now it does restart after 2 minutes.

As for the pump, we used the SeaFlow 42 Series pump, SureFlo accumulator and the ShurFlo Silencing kit. This was mounted to a board and the whole assembly was attached to a stud with self tapping screws. Hope this helps.

BTW/ Livermore, Colorado, not CA.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote