View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 07:00 AM   #12
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax07 View Post
So I thought I had the problem solved but as it turns out, I have been having to go through this process fairly regularly because otherwise I can’t change modes. Has anyone encountered this issue?
Your CCC2 thermostat communicates up to the TWO roof A/C units... Zone 1 Roof A/C also is whjere the two blue SIGNAL wires are located that run down to the furnace control board

Zone 1 is piuggy backed over to your other roof A/C unit ( Zone 2)

A 4 wire telephone cable is used from the CCC2 up to Zone 1 and then over to Zone 2

This forms your CANBUS network for the thermostat and two roof mounted A/C unit control modules

the RESET you did on the CCC2 simply re-establishes the CANBUS network

The Roof A/C units have 12 volts DC power to them ALL the time if battery is connected or shore power is connected ( converter output)..

A hard Reset of the entire CANBUS is done by disconnecting shore power AND battery power and wait a minute or so and then reconnect..

If your issue still returns from time to time then next step is get on the roof and check the gateway connections to those two roof A/C units....

Your gateways "May" also be located inside the return duct on the ceiling if this is a ducted unit or inside the removeable grill on the A/C inside if non ducted
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote