View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I think there's several good companies out there. Prices will vary according to home address, rig, personal information, etc.

Our truck is with Progressive/Drive. Our FW and fulltimers is with National Interstate. We've never had a claim with either so I can't say how they handle claims.

Keep in mind the actual Fulltimers Insurance is nothing other than liability insurance. A lot like renters insurance. It's important in my opinion to have that coverage but also important to make sure you have a separate policy on the FW. Either that or make absolutely sure the rider on the truck policy truly covers all situations a separate policy covers. Ours, in our stick home days, did not.

We renewed the insurance on our Montana and our fulltimers insurance the end of Feb. It is $705 for a year. That does not include the truck. It includes all the usual plus disappearing deductible and full cost reimbursement/replacement of the rig in its first five years of life. And some other things. However, we are registered in South Dakota, which has one of the very lowest insurance rates in the U.S. Third lowest, if I recall.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote