View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 08:20 PM   #11
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by whutfles View Post
We had our Dealer install our Splendide combo in our 2010 Montana Mountaineer 326RLT in the W/D cabinet in the bedroom in the front of the RV. It took 2 guys to carry it into the bedroom with straps. But once in the bedroom they had to lay it on the bed and re-group. The 2 lifted it to the front of the cabinet and then 1 guy picked it up and hoisted it into the cabinet as there was not room for 2 to stand there and lift. Not sure how many hernias he got.

Our cabinet is not as deep on the left side as it is on the right as the cabinet is aimed slightly towards the center of the room. There was no room for the 4 inch dryer hose to fit between the back of the W/D and the wall behind it. They had to modify the back of the cabinet so the dryer vent hose could be routed into the nose cap, then over to the right side with another hole allowing the hose to re-enter the cabinet to get to the outside vent.

Make yourself a good access hole from the closet into the W/D cabinet so you can access the back of the W/D when it is partially pulled out to get to the hoses and vent hose on the back of the washer. One common reason to access this area is to disconnect the vent hose from the dryer to squirt water into that opening to wash a vent blockage back into the W/D. Our W/D cabinet is above a drawer about 17 inches above the floor. So I just made a collapsable table that sits in front of the W/D cabinet so the washer can be pulled all the way out to access the water valves and electrical outlet. Our washer electric cable became unplugged last year and I had to pull the washer all the way out to reach the outlet. Putting that outlet on the closet side would have been too simple.

I believe after drilling the round hole thru the RV from the inside out, once the pilot hole got thru the fiberglass, they put masking tape over the area to be dreilled from the outside in so as not to chip or scratch the fiberglass.
I wonder if the periscope style rectangular solid metal ducting would have fixed your issue without having to run the hose out and back in?? You don't have to use a round hose and the periscope type fittings only need about 2" behind dryer........worked for us.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote