View Single Post
Old 08-17-2023, 06:29 AM   #8
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I never knew there was a way to "torque" the valve stem "core". I've had one of these for, probably, 50 years now and it's the only thing I've ever used to tighten my "cores".

This thing.

My stems are all rubber. When the tool gets the threaded valve "core" tightened and the rubber stem twists slightly, that's about as tight as mine have ever been. I do the same with bicycle inner tubes, yard carts with air tires, my John Deere yard tractor, the tires on my log splitter, my camper, and the utility trailer.

The only time I've ever had a leak was after having the tires serviced or tires replaced and the shop did not get those "cores" tight enough and they wiggled loose.

So, I personally, have no idea how one would "torque" those cores or what tool you'd use to do it.

As far as the little cap on the end, that's just finger tight. I've had them stolen before, so now I just keep the rubber black caps on all my tires now. It makes no sense why anyone would steal them, but I've had mine stolen before. I'll never get "designer" caps again!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote