View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 08:18 AM   #66
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Smith View Post
As much as this seems like an explanation, it is not true. I know several teachers, both current and 10,20,30 years ago, and was one myself in the early 2000s. Teachers now are working more and harder hours than ever. I would challenge you to really get to know a current teacher, and then re-evaluate your assumption. This kind of attitude puts blame for a societal problem that is mostly related to globalization squarely on a group of people who are working harder than most for our futures.
We have teachers in our family. One just retired after 30 years disgusted with the politically driven changes to the curriculum. Like reading, writing and 'rithmatic needs to change? She said the kids are different as well and not so much for the better. The other is new at teaching and all seems good there. But, she teaches in a small town in TX so the attitude there is much like that of years ago. As far as hard working, that is an individual work ethic. We've dealt with lop teachers and a very few good ones. Thankfully the grands are private school bound. They are one to two grade levels above their friends and it feels like old school there.