View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 11:47 AM   #17
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post

The first thing I noticed is the plastic trim inside. It just doesn't seem as durable as as other models. Specifically, it seems to scratch easier like it is of a low density material. Then the outside rubber seals around windows. They shrink to the point of being ineffective. The plastics also seem to sun fade prematurely. Then the electronics can be quirky. The truck at will be dead as a door nail until it feels like waking up. The gauges flintch at times. I have a Jeep and it has the same issues. I figure it is a Chrysler thing.
Wow, that doesn't sound good at all!
I wonder if it's something on the lower end models? The last ones I've had were Longhorn and Limited trim. I've never had any issues as you've described. There is very little plastic on the LH and LTD; they use real wood, use the nicest leather of any truck and look like a luxury car. All of the trim has worn very well and looked like new when I traded them in. Ford and GM are full of plastic by comparison, even on the Platinum and Denali trim levels.

I've also not had any rattles, until just the past couple of weeks on this latest truck. The others were just as solid as new after 3-4 years and 50000+ miles.

What model level are you having issues with?

Brad