View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 02:25 PM   #20
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
Agreed! We’re thinking of trading in and cable slides are a main reason. DW won’t even close them any more, makes me do it, as she’s too afraid one will break while doing it. It looks like at least one is misaligned, the holder on slide seems lower than the pulley and as it closes you can see the cable bend as it gets close.

I did a search to see which gave more trouble, cable slides or others. What I found was they all give trouble just different types or trouble. If you have a hydraulic pump or cylinder or a gear strip you aren’t going to fix it in an hour for a hundred dollars.
As for which gives the most trouble it was hard to qualify. There are a lot more units with hydraulic slides but a lot of those have a cable slide. Both systems give trouble. If the cables are properly installed they shouldn’t give any trouble. If you have cables breaking something isn’t right. Have them checked out and in the mean time take the above advice fix it, get a friend if necessary to help and enjoy the summer.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote