View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 10:31 AM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Considering this happens after a rain, I would suspect the dryer vent is not sealed.

When you roll up the awning, the water spills over the edge of the awning in such a way it hits the dryer vent. Somehow, it's getting around the dryer vent. Wind and rain can do some strange things.

The ceiling vent in my Montana bathroom has the rain sensor on it. So we could keep using the vent while it's raining, I installed covers. This worked great. Then one day both vents closed automatically and shut down (kitchen and bathroom). I tried turning them on again. Neither would open. The wind was blowing against the rear of the camper (hard too) and blowing in just a way it was blowing through the covers (back side) through those loovers and hitting the rain sensor, on both fans. This happened only 1 time in 4 years. But it made me realize rain can do some pretty crazy things.

So, the water splashing off your awning could be hitting your dryer vent in such a way its getting past the vent, down the walls (or down the outside of the dryer vent hose) and dripping onto the floor.

I'd start with the dryer vent seals and work outward from there.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote