View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 06:57 PM   #30
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
I ordered 4 new Sailun tires from Simple Tire this afternoon. Or at least I think I did! Original order (online) went. Through fine. They texted me a link to my cell to confirm my order, etc. Link did not work. Several attempts to manually input the link address were to no avail. 45 minutes later after receiving an order confirmation and an email from my credit card company that the charge was made, I received an email from Simple telling me my order was cancelled due to not clicking on the (inoperative) link. Checked credit card. Charge is pending. Called customer service and after 15 or so minutes was finally talking to a human. Only problem was that his telephone headset was cutting out every other word or more. He confirmed that they would call me back to confirm order. 10 minutes later, I received an email stating my order was cancelled!
20 more minutes of dealing with their phone tree I talked to a human in customer support. Several minutes of conversation later and a few minutes more on hold he told me he needed to transfer me to sales! After explaining the problem to the lady in sales, she told me she needed to transfer me to sales….. I explained they sent me to her. After a few minutes on hold to talk to her supervisor she returned to tell me that she would be able to place my order and that she would need all of my and the order information again. After about 10 minutes of divulging my life’s information, she assured me that everything was taken care of and that no, I would only receive 4 tires and my credit card would be refunded for the initial order and that I would only be charged for one set of 4 tires.
Thinking this was all settled, I checked my email about 15 minutes later…… only to get an email from Simple Tire telling me I forgot something with my order and to please click the link. Clicked the link and it said that my shopping cart was empty and would I please put something in it to order!
At this point I shut my iPad off and opened a bottle of red wine and shared it with my awesome wife. I did not get an order confirmation nor any more emails. Other than one from my credit card company letting me know that I had a charge for 732.63 from Simple Tire. I was charged again…..

I might try to fix this tomorrow. Or not.