View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 11:16 AM   #10
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by 182flyer View Post
dfb; any chance you could expand on your slide out problems. Symptoms, actual problems and whatever specifics you have on repair. Your issues sound pretty serious and time consuming not to mention expensive.
thanks
Jack
When we bought the unit the Large and opposing slide would make a POP noise.. Later it would kinda grind.. Finally, the rear of the large slide would move out and the other end would only barely come out... I managed to get the slide back in.. On a trip to coos bay the slide out gear pack broke teeth.. We took it to a repair shop in coos bay and they worked on it all day .... They put a new gear pad in and they had a 'clamp' that went over the rail and teeth that kept the rail from jumping teeth.. After we got it back on the same trip the gearbox for the bedroom cable slide broke.. The same repair place put a new gear box in.. When I got back to the rv park with the trailer the bedroom cable clamps grabbed the new gear box and ripped out of the wall.. After we got home I took the RV to another place and they had to mount a Steel Plate behind the gear box because the screws were stripped out of the frame behind the wall.. Now, we go out on another trip.. We drive about 4 hours and the wife goes to move the Large slide out not noticing the cabinet door behind the slides facia is open.. This time the Slide grabbed the edge of the cabinet door and instead of demolishing the door the Slide went totally sideways breaking the gear pack again.. No place in Tonopah Nevada to fix it... So we drove back to home in Carson City.. Took it to the repair place again.. The bedroom was about 1200 total and the big slide was 1300. then 2400.... The later repair included a much stronger metal frame around the bottom of the slide... It broke again.. The bolt that secures the timing rod to each side broke... I bought a grade 8 bolt... Hopefully this does it... Good Luck on yours...ohn and the Large 5/8 inch bolts used to support the outside of the slide the brackets were bent so. they replaced those too...
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote