Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2024, 09:43 AM   #1
Jeff Landers

M.O.C. #34865
Need input replacing Furrion Antenna w/ Winegard Connect 2.0 4G2+

Hello everyone! New to the group here and excited to join. I own a 2020 Montana High Country 331RL. I am trying to replace the factory Furrion Antenna with a Winegard 2.0 4G2+. This Furrion antenna has a router option underneath it on the interior ceiling also. I have removed the exterior antenna and interior router option. Our new Winegard is setting on top of the camper and I ran its wifi/power wire to the interior hole where the original furrion router option was. I used this power source for the Winegard and mounted the control plate on the ceiling where the old router option was. The new control plate has both green lights on for the antenna and wifi. My main questions are.
I had 2 original antenna wires coming out of the roof. A black cable said FM/TV Antenna and a purple wire said AM/FM antenna. I hooked these both up to a splitter into the antenna port of the Winegard. Is that ok?

I also have "mini UHF" cables coming out of the roof and interior ceiling not hooked to anything. What are these for? Are they anything with the tv's?

My Winegard control plate has 4 coax tails coming off the inside of it. How would I find the cables to connect these to? Nothing is close by in the ceiling. Any input is grealty appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Jeff Landers is offline   Reply With Quote