Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > ANNUAL MOC RALLIES (Current or Up Coming) > 2024 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2024, 07:45 PM   #1
Jfryer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28054
NAFR24 - RV Cooking: It's an Adventure!

Good Evening Rally Campers,

I've been charged this year at taking over the RV Cooking Session. For those that know me, you know cooking and entertaining is my outlet from my real job so I'm looking forward to talking about how I set up my RV for cooking, what are my go to tools and of course sharing some tasty eats. I decided to add a sign up this year to get a head count since I'll prepare some things to taste and my biggest pet peeve is not having enough food. I've scoured some of my go to recipes that I like to use on the road because of the versatility and how they can be changed up. I even have a couple great door prizes to give away so I hope you sign up. Below is the link, hope to see you there.

Jeff Fryer, closet chef

[Click here to Sign Up]
[Click here to see who has Signed Up]

Jfryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 02:21 PM   #2
JAWatsonJones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30853
So looking forward to this!
JAWatsonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2024, 12:15 PM   #3
BevB
Established Member

M.O.C. #30604
Many rv’s come with convection microwaves. Will you be addressing /reviewing convection cooking?
BevB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 07:40 AM   #4
Jfryer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28054
Yes, we primarily use our convection oven. In fact, we have only used our gas oven once in 3 1/2 years of full timing.
Old 08-20-2024, 06:18 AM   #5
Terry-Lynn V
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15824
Smells interesting already.
Terry-Lynn V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 01:45 PM   #6
DebVenne
Established Member

M.O.C. #28995
What day will this be?
DebVenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 01:48 PM   #7
Jfryer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28054
I don't know yet. The wagon masters haven't put out the schedule.
Old 08-21-2024, 01:48 PM   #8
JAWatsonJones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30853
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebVenne View Post
What day will this be?
The schedule is not finalized and published until just before the start of the rally.
JAWatsonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 12:21 PM   #9
Jfryer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28054
Looks like the schedule is out and this will be Monday at 11:00 to 12:30, by my calculations it's 5:00 somewhere so BYOB. We have a few pretty cool little door prizes so looking forward to seeing you all there.

Jeff (and the lovely sous chef Anna) Fryer
Old 09-15-2024, 09:52 AM   #10
Jfryer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28054
Thank you all for attending, I hope you enjoyed the session and learned a couple tips and tricks. I have sent out the email with the recipes so if you didn't get it or still want them but didn't provide an email just send me a message to jfryer41@gmail.com and I'll be happy to get them to you. Enjoy!

Jeff
Old 09-16-2024, 08:54 AM   #11
Bndn88
Established Member

M.O.C. #25710
I enjoyed the session very much! Thank you for showing me that the instapot is so much more than just a space holder.
Bndn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 07:28 AM   #12
Gonefishing
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfryer View Post
Yes, we primarily use our convection oven. In fact, we have only used our gas oven once in 3 1/2 years of full timing.
My unit has a convection oven. I have no clue how to use it other than as a microwave. Any tips?
2021 Montana 3761fl pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Gonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 07:56 AM   #13
Jfryer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing View Post
My unit has a convection oven. I have no clue how to use it other than as a microwave. Any tips?
If it’s the same as ours push the bottom in upper left should say convection but it’s faint. It will ask preheat temp and the numbers on the keypad are preprogrammed at different temps. Just click 5 and it will display, if you need hotter click the next number. Hit start and it will preheat. When ready it beeps then put in food and it will ask for time, enter and hit start. Always add time because it goes all the way it shuts off and you need to preheat again. You can open door to pause and test. You can add time by hitting start.
Old Today, 08:52 AM   #14
jkxtreme
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #33751
Question about the convection cooking with the Furion convection microwave. We preheat our unit to a selected temperature... say 325 degrees. The unit appears to come up to temperature as indicated by the digital readout. However, if I shoot the interior with my IR gun, the actual temperature is about 125 degrees. Is that how it is supposed to work?
jkxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:24 AM   #15
Jfryer
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28054
No, it should be the temp you selected. I'd suggest getting an oven temp thermometer that you can put in it and see what its read out says. I've had a friend's that wouldn't hold temp so it could be a bad unit. We do find our back left corner tends to be a hot spot so when Anna bakes anything she rotates half way through the cook.
Old Today, 11:31 AM   #16
jkxtreme
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #33751
We just performed another test using a digital meat probe, an oven thermometer, and the IR gun. The oven appears to be 30 degrees cooler than the digital indication on the front panel. Lippert sent us a replacement so we tested that one as well (fresh out of the box), but it acts the same as the one currently installed in our trailer. On the phone with Lippert now so we'll see what they want to do.
jkxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote