Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2024, 06:31 PM   #1
rubio171
Established Member

M.O.C. #33123
2019 3811ms pull down blinds

One of the blinds on out Montana is broken. It’s the still that is spring loaded and pulls down. Anyone have a better option for replacement other than the $200 factory one.

rubio171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:31 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
You probably only need new guts for the blind - not complete new blinds…$78 in parts not $200 new blind.

A few weeks ago I found one of the 25” wide night shades next to the dining table had completely unrolled and would not retract. The spring was broke. My roller shades are manufactured by Irvine Shade. Called them and they now have a distributor for parts in Mesa AZ - RV Blind Company. I contacted them and ordered a new spring and stop for both the night and day shade. I had taken the blind down and apart and I was not sure all parts would work when I reassembled the unit - so better safe than sorry…I ordered guts for both. Irvine Shade used to send out replacement parts for free, but they started using RVBLINDCO in 2022 to sell the parts.

They have a YouTube channel with videos showing how to assemble the blinds and click them back into place. It was difficult for me to put the small blind back up. A large blind like the rear living room window will be a “two man job”! Search YouTube for “RVBlindco”.

Contact Jacqueline Mosley (Jackie) jacque@rvblindco.com
602-321-9986

You will need to take the blind down and give her the numbers off the sticker from the top rail. Mine were pretty faded but I figured it out. The number will be something like this…
“25 17.75” - 25” wide/ manf date 2017/75” long…maybe not in that order…I don’t remember the exact order of the numbers.

Two springs + two stops cost me $78.74 (which includes tax and shipping). In the photo below - that order was for two of the long springs and two of the short things (stops).
The blinds work like new now! Here is a sketch that will help explain how to get the blinds down and put back up. When you push the spring-loaded catch (yellow) it releases the back side of the rail to tilt down and out. It is easier to take down than to put it back up. Watch the videos!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1883.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	18232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-1.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	540.4 KB
ID:	18233  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote