Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2024, 07:54 AM   #1
Scootsk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23929
Screen mirroring to TV from Iphone for subscription streaming services

Good Morning,
Took my first trip of the season and went to watch YouTube TV streaming on my iPhone to the tv using an Apple lightening adapter. Did this all last year with no issue what so ever. Today it appears that YouTube tv no longer supports that arrangement. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix? If not, is there a streaming service that will work? I do have an extra Amazon firestick that I may try next week.
I posted this a while back. Since, I did use the firestick until I arrived at a location with poor internet service. At that point I used my iPhone hotspot, I quickly ran out of hotspot data and can barely watch tv due to the reduced speeds. I don’t watch tv that much but I do enjoy the news in the morning. Anyone know of a streaming service that allows for screen mirroring from an phone?

Scootsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 08:46 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
We have a big LG Smart TV in the S&B and I bought a 32" LG smart TV to replace the 8 year old Vizeo for our motorhome. The LG allows screen mirroring real easy. We have a Samsung Smart TV in the Montana and I think it screen mirrors pretty easy also...it has been awhile so I don't recall. Wish I had bought an LG for the Montana when I replaced the OEM Insignia or whatever it was.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 08:48 AM   #3
Scootsk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23929
These TVs mirror iPhones?
Scootsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 12:15 PM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Check into Visible. Pick up a cheap phone dedicated for nothing but using it's hot-spot and then pick up a mini-router so you can plug it into the phone. With the mini-router you can connect multiple devices at the same time.

If you pick up a smart tv (We have Roku televisions), you can watch any number of streaming internet channels, including YouTube, and Visible IS unlimited. Visible does use the Verizon Network, but it is not Verizon.

Now, how well does it perform? Well, my wife has Prime Video running almost all day long, every day. She uses Visible for her work computer, including conference calls, Microsoft Teams, as well as access to her VDI (Virtual Desktop). Meanwhile, I'm hammering away on my personal laptop, and nothing misses or skips a beat, all day long, every day, all month, all year. I also run our printer through Visible, and sometimes piggy back my Samsung AT&T phones using Visible's internet (WIFI) to save data on our AT&T phones. (AT&T does throttle, it's suppose to be unlimited, but we have been throttled before) .... Visible does not throttle. And ours is running 24x7x365. The only time our Visible is "down" is when we are actually traveling on the road.

With a Smart Television, you have the world at you fingertips via that "Remote Control!"
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 02:12 PM   #5
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
For screen mirroring -the TV and the iphone (or ipad) has to be on the same wifi network. We have been using our phones (TMobile) for internet in the motorhome.

Pull down on the screen from the upper right corner and you get the first screen shot. Choose the mirror icon.

Second screen shot - choose the LG tv option to screen mirror. I can also mirror thru Roku or my Apple TV. The LG TV plays good with our iphone/ipads. I seem to remember that Samsung TV does not play and work as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6862.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	18197   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6861.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	18198  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2024, 10:22 AM   #6
ScaryPapa
Established Member

M.O.C. #30351
You don't need any outside device. Any smart TV with Bluetooth can share screens with smart phones and laptops with Bluetooth. We have a Samsung TV in our Montana. I have used this to watch NFL games.

LG uses a different operating system than Samsung, so that may be part of it also. For example, the ESPN app works on Samsung, but not an LG. We have an LG at home. When you buy a TV make sure the apps you use operate on it.
Old 09-22-2024, 10:08 PM   #7
MuddyPaws
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2277
You don't even need a smart TV

An inexpensive Roku or an Amazon FireStick will get you mirroring without having to buy a new TV.

I like these little routers. $30 and very flexible. Supports repeater mode, tethering, router and access point mode. They have faster ones as well.

https://www.amazon.com/GL-iNet-GL-AR...32&sr=8-2&th=1
MuddyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 07:56 AM   #8
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Of the wifi service is bad you can stream from your iPhone to TV set using cellular data.

We have an unlimited plan with Verizon so it’s a non issue

I use a lightening adapter to HDMI and plug into the phone. Then plug in HDMK to back of TV set.

My TV set in the BR of our RV is not a smart tv.

I then use YouTube TV or any of the other popular streaming apps and watch on that TV set.

Yes I could upgrade the TV to a smart TV ( already did for the LR TV ) but we don’t spend much time in BR so this is a simple solution for us..

YouTube TV works just fine streaming from the cell phone to the non smart TV set with great picture
Mtn Home, Idaho
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote