Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2024, 10:40 PM   #21
allenclme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23676
12V Furrion Fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie66 View Post
We just purchased a new 2024 Montana 3123RL, Legacy, Cobalt and could not be happier. It replaces our 2013 Redwood 31SL. We bought it sight unseen and were happy to see some nice changes Keystone made in our 2024 model as compared to 2023 and some 2024 3123RLs now at dealers. These 2024 changes are not yet shown on the Keystone website. Upgrades in our 2024 include:

1. Replaced the ceramic bowl sink with a built-in SS sink.
2. Shower enclosure is “sculpted” white with fancy Rain shower head with two lower body wash rain showers.
3. Some cabinets are special “cottage white”; build sheet lists Woodcliff decor
4. Floor is newer look “planked” as is the plank look vinyl in dining area.
5. Bedroom has a leather-look headboard.
6. Telescoping stair handrail vice old lift and swivel.

So, for anyone looking to purchase a 2024 Montana I would check to see if it has the above upgrades!

I have two questions that I'll ask right now: (I skimmed through the forum, and I know I might be able to find more info there):

1. Has anyone installed a Wingard Trav'ler DirecTV Sat Antenna on a 3123RL? The Winegard has a six-wire control cable and a coax sat signal cable. Where did you locate it? Where and how did you run the six-wire control cable? Does the blue sat coax in the rooftop Wingard 360 run straight thru to the entertainment center or does it run through a "Key TV" diplexer that may cause loss of signal issues? My dealer said it might take 4 to 8 to 20 hours to install it at $185/hour and was just giving me a warning before I asked them to install it (I declined). Any comments appreciated.

2. I have the 400i solar pkg, but only one 12 RV battery. On our four-hour trip home from the dealer the battery was stone dead as the 12VDC Furrion refrigerator was left on. I'd appreciate any recommendations re Lithium batteries, brand, size, and number. Will two 100Ah lithium batteries suffice for dry camping or do I need more battery capacity with this fridge? The Dragonflies are $1,350 @, Battleborn (made in same building in Reno and identical to Dragonflies) $925 @ on Amazon or another brand like $349 Chins??? Thanks!
You might look at Lion Energy Lithium batteries. Made in Utah. Costco carries them sometimes for about $799 each for a 105 Amp 12v. I was curious. We are picking up our 3123RL brand new next week. It also has the 12 Fridge. How do you lock the doors for travel? There's no latch that I saw and the dealer says they "just stay closed on their own". Wellcome to the club!!!!!!!!

allenclme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 10:52 AM   #22
Ozzie66
Established Member

M.O.C. #33103
Craig and Mary,
Our 2024 2123RL has "standard" door and compartment locks with different keys for each. We ordered extra keys for each on Amazon using the key number stamped on the key. You'll have to tell us more about your concerns.

Do you have the 440i Solar with Lithium batteries? I just installed one Li Time 230Ah lithium battery and have run the 12VDC Furrion refrigerator solely on 440i Solar for the past week with the Montana parked alongside our house. The Furrion has its own inverter and operated with the Montana inverter shut off. The Fridge draws about 5 amps. When I also turn on the inverter and lights, TV and JBL sound, the draw is about 10 amps. We are going on our first trip up the Oregon coast for July and August. The Li Time batteries are on sale this week; $557 for 230Ah plus (recommended by Will Prowse):

https://www.litime.com/products/12v-...ifepo4-battery

I'm going to finish installing a Wingard DirecTV Trav'ler satellite dish on the roof today. I ran the six-wire control box cable into the pantry/coffee bar with inverted outlet. I'll find out today if the KeyTV System works with the blue coax to main TV.

Please stay in touch as we may have future 3123RL issues to resolve.

Dick and Jane
Ozzie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 11:25 AM   #23
Ozzie66
Established Member

M.O.C. #33103
Craig and Mary, I just reread your question after I posted a reply. I now realize that you mean how to lock the Furrion 12Vdc fridge doors for travel. There are two screw-in locks that came with the fridge. They secure all Fridge doors for travel. I'll take a picture and send it to you later. I did not get a paper operator's manual and when I asked Lippert for one, they sent me the online version. I just skimmed through it, and it does not show the "travel locks".

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/30...dcafa-Sv.html?
page=7#manual

Dick and Jane
Old 06-21-2024, 02:45 PM   #24
Ozzie66
Established Member

M.O.C. #33103
Craig and Mary, I now realize that you are asking about locks for the Furrion 12Vdc fridge. Two screw-in locks were provided with our fridge to keep the doors locked when travelling. I'll send you some pictures. We did not get a paper copy of the operator's manual and Lippert gave us a link to the online manual. I just skimmed through it, and I did not see anything about the locks:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/30...0dcafa-Sv.html

I just turned on my TV with the DirecTV Trav'ler satellite coax running thru the KeyTV system. I have a great picture with sound out from the TV speakers, but I cannot get HDMI(arc) sound output from the new JBL AURA system.

Good luck with your new 3123RL!

Dick and Jane
Old 06-21-2024, 03:10 PM   #25
Ozzie66
Established Member

M.O.C. #33103
Furrion 12Vdc fridge locks

Craig and Mary,

Here are the Furrion 12Vdc fridge locks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240621_100338.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	17375   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240621_101036.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	17376