Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2024, 07:38 PM   #1
ep4me
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32135
key tv

HI guys just had to share my experience with my tv on our 23 MHC 311RD. we were camping with two other freinds who have sob fifth wheels. They were saying they were getting 15 channels free from the wine guard antenna. i could only get 5 with spotty reception. They said they have power switch on the system make sure you turned it on. i looked evetywhere could not find one, I looked behind the tv and the cable from the tv was put on the sat/cable port, all i needed to do was put it on the anntenna port and evertyhing works great now. After 2 years of complaing about bad tv it took 30 seconds to fix.

we all ended up watching football in our camper because it has more room anda bigger tv

ep4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 08:06 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I do not have KeyTV on my 2018. Hopefully someone else can help you.
I have the “old school” amplified rayzar antenna. The button is gehind the bedroom TV. When LED is on - the signal is amplified. However - I have noticed that my OEM Insignia TV in the bedroom will get more OTA channels than the living room TV. I replaced the OEM Insignia with a Samsung smart TV in 2021… it probably has to do with the OEM low quality splitters…or maybe the bedroom TV gets better signal from the antenna amplifier (no splitters to pass thru).

Wrong forum for this question - but our 2004 Fleetwood Southwind motorhome had a 2015 model Vizeo TV in it. Internet connectivity was terrible. I bought an LG smart Tv to replace it. The LG will not pick up as many OTA stations as the Vizeo would. Riddle me that one Batman? Nothing changed except the TV…makes no sense.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2024, 10:51 AM   #3
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
That Winegard box behind the bedroom TV is indeed an amplifier for antenna signal as well as a combiner, like a reverse splitter, and is used to combine antenna and park cable signals onto 1 wire going to the other TVs in the coach. You do need to turn the amp off if you're using park cable.
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote