Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2024, 04:26 PM   #1
Tom n Barb

M.O.C. #34467
2016 Montana 3711FL living room furniture replacement

My husband and I are 77 and 75 and thought we were set for retirement. In 2015 we purchased a Montana 3711FL. We paid $59,000 for this catastrophe which at the time was actually a deal. I am so furious with Montana with the way they designed the front living room slides with built in furniture. The first year we owned our 3711FL the faux leather started peeling. Foolishly we purchased the furniture warranty with the guarantee that if it's punctured, cracked or damaged they will replace it. Then when something goes wrong, "Didn't you read the fine print. Only cracked is covered." Highway robbery!! Now the furniture has fallen apart. We decided to buy furniture to replace it. After buying the furniture, we took out the furniture only to find that Montana made the 2 slides 6 inches off the floor with a 30" base. We had no way of knowing this without removing the furniture which fell apart with no way of putting it back. Why would Montana build a unit with no way of replacing the furniture?? Even with RV furniture, we wouldn't touch the floor and your head is 3" from the ceiling. We are so stressed. If there is a class action suit against Montana, I want in. Or has anyone found an answer for this?

Tom n Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 09:55 AM   #2
Gonefishing
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33285
I’m guessing yours is very similar to my 3761fl. Has two slides in the living room one on each side. Each slide have a couch in it. I would measure the length of the couch and just purchase one the same length. That should work.
2021 Montana 3761fl pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Gonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 07:30 AM   #3
cwestl
Established Member

M.O.C. #20911
Send a message via AIM to cwestl Send a message via MSN to cwestl Send a message via Yahoo to cwestl
living room furniture replacement

Well we have the very same Unit 3711FL 2015. Our couches have the same problem with the finish flaking off. The problem is the couch on the drivers side is a L shaped with a corner section and a recliner attached to the corner peace.
I would also love to find a solution.
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #4
prk7
Established Member

M.O.C. #18815
Send a message via AIM to prk7
Throw away furniture

Faced same dilemma, 2016 Montana 3791rd, bought sleeper sofa, jacknife sofa, and two recliners, from recpro. The sofas are in opposing slides. Now got to figure out how to hide springs and wires on face of slides, which the old furniture hide by drop down face of that furniture. Recpro doesn't make furniture for slides. Good luck.
prk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #5
danaw

M.O.C. #33723
We bought a 2016 HM305RL in December. We took the couch and other furniture to the dump.
We replaced it with a low back lazy boy couch-72 inches long- just fits and recliner and side table.
Dana Woods
Still can’t figure out t automatic fill in my information by clicking user cp?
danaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM   #6
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
It's pleather.....what do you expect? I had a pleather couch in the 90's. Same problem. Most upgrade to residential furniture or RecPro cloth.

Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM   #7
Tess
Established Member

M.O.C. #21804
We have a 2014 3750FL. Our sofas did the same thing. We ordered 2 sofas from Walmart that were close to the same length the tricky part was making sure that the depth would extend slightly farther than the raised area and the height of the legs as close to the height of the riser as possible. Then we removed the back legs so the sofa sat flat on the rise and the front legs are in front of the riser by a couple of inches. If needed you could shorten the front legs. We didn't like the wires showing so we bought 2 wood trim boards, stained them to match the other wood and tacked them to the bottom front of the sofa between the legs and it looks good.. We are on the 4th summer with the Walmart sofas and still happy with the look. I'll take a picture this weekend and post.
Tess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by danaw View Post
......Still can’t figure out t automatic fill in my information by clicking user cp?
Click on User CP in the thin brown bar. Then look under "Settings & Options" for "Edit Signature". That is where you can put your information and it will be appended to your Posts.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote