Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2024, 06:22 AM   #1
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
I-10 thru El Paso

How is the construction on I-10 going along the border in El Paso? We will be on that route heading west from Ft. Stockton in about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance!

F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:01 PM   #2
Playhouse
Established Member

M.O.C. #34383
We just drove through there a few weeks ago and I can't recall any trouble with construction. El Paso was just as good (or bad) as it always is.
Old 06-24-2024, 04:41 PM   #3
thedinobots
Established Member

M.O.C. #33672
Just did the drive - it wasn’t bad at all, it gets down to one lane quite a few times but was plenty wide enough and we had no troubles.
Old 06-24-2024, 06:51 PM   #4
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
Quote:
Originally Posted by timandsusan View Post
How is the construction on I-10 going along the border in El Paso? We will be on that route heading west from Ft. Stockton in about 3 weeks. Thanks in advance!
Traffic through El Paso varies with the time of day. What direction are you coming from to pass through El Paso? We started from Mesa, AZ headed to San Antonio via I-10. The Traffic through Tucson and El Paso was crowded to say the least. Returning in 2 months, we will divert East of Wilcox AZ north on hwy 191, to Safford, Globe, then Mesa. One of my sons used the reverse of that route a few months ago and saved 1.5 hours of driving. I would bypass El Paso in the future. I-10 is supposed to start widening construction from Phoenix to Tucson. That will further delay traffic going to Tucson.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote