Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2024, 06:41 PM   #1
Mrwoodmin
Established Member

M.O.C. #28937
Level up help

Good day all. Looking for a little help on a huge subject it appears. 2021 Montana High Country. Lippert 3.0 6 point level system. I'm getting a LM Jack error, Left Middle. I can not get the jack to work EXCEPT if I push RETRACT then push both the LEFT and RIGHT button at the same time that LM jack will move a 1/4" and stop, leaving it in retract mode and pushing left & right again I get another 1/4" push left & right again another 1/4" over and over a 1/4" at time. Help please thanks.

Mrwoodmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 07:57 PM   #2
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
We have a 4-point Ground Control 3.0 on our High Country

In a nutshell, I've had to fully retract my four levelers while hooked up to the truck by pressing and HOLD <Retract>, extend all levelers +6 inches, hit auto retract, then pressing <autolevel>

It sounds like your middle leveler stroked too far and therefore induced an "out of stroke" error. If this was the case you will need to place dunnage (blocks) beneath the leveler prior to attempting Auto Level again.

Also recommend downloading the LippertNow app onto your phone. If the above doesn't work out for your 6-point system, then Lippert has a 24/7 customer support line and will direct you to a very knowledgeable tech who will walk you through a resolution.

Good luck and let us know how you faired.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 06:44 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Lee-Ci has the right advise.

When your 6 point system goes into a jack error... FR, FL, RR... etc, all the jacks need to be extended at least 6 inches, then all retracted ("Retract" button), then all 6 will retract at the same time and reset.

Please note: The ONLY time you can manually extend or retract the middle jacks is in an error. If you manually lower the jacks, you will only be able to lower the 4 corner jacks. The middle will never move. It can only be manually moved when there is an error on any jack. It took me about 3 years to finally learn this.

But if the jacks are in an error, then the middle jacks can be lowered manually. That is the only time they can be moved. It's frustrating if you want to set up the camper manually not being able to use the middle jacks. Thus ... auto level is a must.

Either block the frame on the front, or leave the trailer hitched to the truck, manually extend all 6 jacks at least 6 inches, then retract all.

Here's notes I made for myself a few years ago because initially when we first purchased our camper I was throwing error codes almost every time I set up. I kept stroking out the jacks (extending them too long). I learned to put blocks under the jacks and now I always build up blocks under the jacks so the jacks never have to extend more than 6 inches. Yes, that means dragging along a lot of lumber. But that's better than fighting stroke out errors because the jacks are extending too far.

My notes:

Rehoming…. Removing LF, LR type error codes.

Lower all jacks at least 6 inches
Then raise them all up

Lower everything back down and then hit the “retract” button and hold it until all the jacks raise and stop. When you do that, the home position should be complete.

Turn it back off and then back on, the error should be cleared.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 08:21 AM   #4
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
In my experience you can get various error codes that have nothing to do with the real issue. I've had a glitchy system since new. Many OOS errors when the jacks weren't anywhere near their limit.

As a starting point the advice given so far is sound. Extend all the jacks as far as they will go...minimum 6" but as far beyond that as you can to clear any dirt or debris in the main screw. Then Retract All to clear the error to have a fresh starting point. Sometimes you have to put the system in manual mode to get the jacks to extend.

Beyond that if you keep getting errors for no apparent reason then something else is going on. The legs on these electric systems can be faulty. I've totally disassembled one errant leg to discover shrapnel binding the screw. It's like the screw is shaving off little strips of itself as it operates and creates greater resistance which throws an OOS error message.

What I'm saying is that it's not always cut and dry that clearing the error solves the problem. You might need to replace a leg or two to get it resolved.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 05:49 PM   #5
Mrwoodmin
Established Member

M.O.C. #28937
Thanks for the input so far. Anything helps
Mrwoodmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 04:39 PM   #6
KirkFess
Established Member

M.O.C. #19092
Level up system

Unless they have improved the system since our 2016 High Country, I don’t recommend using auto level from the start. I have a 4 point system, and when leveling it only goes up. With my system if I just hit auto level from the start I am going to either run out of stroke or it will error out because it tries to lift the rear wheels off the ground. It only took a half dozen times of going through the reset process to determine that it is quicker & easier to do it the manual way. I run the fronts up or down to get close to level. Then I run the rears down until I have contact. Then I raise the low side (left or right,) and also lower the high side. I flip back & forth between left & right as many times as needed to get it level. Once I get close, I can use auto level to get it perfect or just keep manually adjusting. It only takes a few minutes.
KirkFess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 05:31 PM   #7
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Mine works great as long as I'm as close to level left to right. I've found this to be the key. If your frame is in a twist you'll have all kinds of problems such as wheels coming of the ground and out of stroke. I have bubble levels on my pin box. Also is you have a sensor that isn't secure you'll have issues. I'd do a factory reset and re-calibration. Level the rig left to right and hit auto.