Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hodak Zoegel

I was tossing and turning this morning, around 5:30, right before my peepers opened up. You know how it is, laying there, mind wandering all over the place. I was thinking about being in a new place here, away from the neighbors I have lived around for years, the few friends we have there, in Kansas City, the business friends we got to know are mostly all gone now, moved, relocated to other areas, and new jobs elsewhere.
The ’footprint’ in life we leave, really disappears rather quickly. Maybe a Henry Ford, or a past president, Hemmingway, those names you know and remember. We didn’t know them, but the name and what we have learned about them stays with us.
We meet people here and there now, people move in for a week, we talk, get to know them a little, hear a few of their stories and experiences.
Last year when we were staying in Lake Havasu, a lady dropped by after we were settled in after a few days, Ronnie was her husband’s name, hers may come to me. She was so nice, she went out of her way to make us a friend, show us around the Rv park, introduced us to other neighbors. She could not see well, probably in her early 60’s. She went to Mexico and brought back a mess of medicine for us, I still have a bottle of generic Prilosec capsules left. Darned if I can remember her name. Wish I could.
Not really trying to be morose, but some of us will drift through retirement not impacting others’ life much, not leave a lasting legacy, I, being one of them.
My name may as well be Hodak Zoegel.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote